11.23.2009

Pumpkin Bread

Hey, Laurie here. Chef Rob is at work. So it's just me. This will be a short and sweet one...

So...we were going to take the week off from blogging due to the holiday and not wanting to over-eat (riiiight)...but there was a perfect recipe for this time of year.  No worries, we are also doing write-ups on the Potato Pancake and Curry Lamb we made, but wanted to get this in, just in case anyone was planning on making the following for Thanksgiving (and...you SHOULD!).

Pumpkin. Bread...Enough. said.  My chef was at work for the day (as most people usually are), so I decided to tackle this one myself.  I feel as though I'm more of the "baker" anyhow.  This has to be one of the the easiest, yet most delicious bread recipe I've ever made.  If you have a stand mixer (we asked Santa for one last year), even better, it practically cooks itself!  You basically just do the normal 'blend the dry ingredients, blend the wet and then combine', and voila!  Perfectly moist, scrumptious, flavorful yet simple pumpkin bread.  The only note I'd like to add, is the cooking time. (and due to our mushroom disaster of 2009, we had our oven temp checked...it's perfect).  The recipe yields either 5 mini loaves or 1 large loaf.  30 minutes for the minis, followed by a pan rotation and 30 more minutes.  I took them out 20 minutes after the rotation...so 50 minutes total.  They were golden brown on top and passed the toothpick test.  Enjoy and happy holidays!





We don't have one pic to "match the book" this time...but I did a little gift wrapping.


...Rob here again...Just got home in time to try this. I have to say, it's actually a little better than the last loaf we got from Nicholas! It's a little less dense, and a little more 'fluffy' and light. I love it!

Up next, I promise I'll do write-ups on the Potato Pancake and Curry Lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment