We were pooped from our stock making and also knocking out a few recipes that day. We made a LOT of chicken stock. So much in fact, that I had no more tupperware to store it. So, I put it back in a pot, half covered, and kept it at a VERY low simmer overnight. In the morning, it had reduced by about 1/3, darkened a little and was pretty damn rich. We used it to make the carrot stock!
Pretty simple, just some chicken stock and carrots (lot's of them), with onion and leeks.
Simmering for 3 hours...
...To get a cup or so of stock. But, let me tell you, it was VERY flavorful stock.
It actually made more than a cup. Since I only need 1/3 cup for the recipe, I saved a whole cup, then used the rest mixed with some chicken stock to make ramen the same night I did the chicken satay. Let me tell you, AWESOME ramen. Super awesome flavored broth. Between the carrot stock, which already had a reduced chicken stock base, to the addition of some more chicken stock and some soy sauce...this broth was awesome. Laurie drank it out of the bowl!!Way worth it if you are already making chicken stock, and not just for the agnolotti. I can see using this stock in a bunch of other things...risotto, soups, etc...



No comments:
Post a Comment